Colorado Snow (also known as cosnow, pronounced “co-snow”, it rhymes!) has set out to become the ultimate resource for Colorado skiers, snowboarders and everyone else who enjoys winter snow and summer mountains (winter snow brings summer wildflowers!).
Our goal is to cover and write about the following:
- Resort news and events
- Weather reports
- Traffic and other transportation
- Gear including reviews
- Event updates, calendar and coverage
- Seasonal information to help even the most advanced visitors
- Trail guides for the less-explored areas
Colorado Snow Blog was founded in fall of 2006 by Devin Reams and has since been renamed to Colorado Snow (and shortened to “cosnow”). The style has remained largely the same since 2006 (black text on white, dark blue) and the official logo was commissioned and created by Wet Frog Studios based loosely on Devin’s original concept.
If you’d like to learn more about why we do this, what our strategy is, how we make money (hint: we don’t, really) and more, please read this Q&A around monetizing Colorado Snow.
If you’d like regular updates of everything we post via email, RSS, Twitter or Facebook please subscribe.
Drop us a line if you have a story idea or something you’d like to share.
You can find Colorado Snow in a few other places online to get updates:
Our primary writer, editor, researcher and “social media expert” is Devin Reams.
Some of the best articles are provided by Devin’s best friend and wife, Rachel.
Occasional guest posts are included from state resorts, public relations individuals, and local skiers and snowboarders. If you’d like to contribute or submit a story for consideration, please contact us.
Accolades & Mentions
We’ve been cited, quoted, and referenced in a number of publications and our opinions highlighted by a number of organizations including:
- MTN Town
- Condé Nast Traveler
- Ski Bumper
On occasion we’ve been asked to or volunteered to contribute a story or a post to another publication or blog.
- Breckenridge Blog: Where the Peak 6 trail names at Breck came from
- Breck Connection: How the Ice Castles are being made in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge Blog: A day in adult ski school at Breck
- Breckenridge Blog: The science of snow forecasting and reporting at Breck
- Breck Connection: Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival: Still on the Hill
- SlopeFillers.com: Why Marketing on Social Media is Like Feudalism and What That Means for Resorts
- Breck Connection: Tasting Room Alternatives to “Happy Hour” in Breckenridge
- Breck Connection: Great ways to spend St. Patrick’s Day in Breckenridge
- Breck Connection: The Story Behind Breckenridge Brewery & Pub
- Buzz.Snow.com: Top technology apps for tracking your season
- Buzz.Snow.com: Top 3 reasons to renew your season pass today
- Buzz.Snow.com: Why you should call in sick and extend your summertime weekends
- Buzz.Snow.com: Best tools for tracking your summer mountain activity
- Buzz.Snow.com: How to connect EpicMix to your social accounts online
- Buzz.Snow.com: Top tech trips for the trail
We provide our opinion as freely as some of the items we receive. Other times we just want to let the world know what we thought of an experience or product.
- TrailFork dehydrated pouches are a simple, filling meal on or off the slopes
- Boulder Pack Co. folding backpack works great on the hill, packs up small for after
- KlikBelt utility strap works well for holding down roof cargo
- Local Highlight: updated Ski Bumper details, interview
- Adult Ski School experiences at Breckenridge
- Driving the Toyota 4Runner 2013 in Colorado
- Our Favorite Base Layer: Polarmax
- SkiA Sweetspot Trainer: practice your ski stance and balance
- Guideline Eyegear’s Alpine Polarized Sunglasses are Good for Snow
- Women’s Anarchy Sunglasses: angel “Craze” are stylish shades
- Breckenridge Nordic Center (2013-02-17)
- Ski Bumper: protect the side of your car from skis and snowboards
- Woodward at Copper: ski and snowboard training facilities
- Foxy Lady: SpiritHoods Snow Arctic Fox
- Photos printed directly on canvas: Easy Canvas Prints
- Taste Test: Promax Crunch energy bars
- Thoughts on the Anarchy McCoy polarized sunglasses
- Black Mountain Colorado Dude Ranch
- Driving the 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer SE
- Thoughts on the 2012 Suzuki Kizashi
- Thoughts on the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander
- Review: Columbia Whirlibird II Glove
- Noodles & Co. Grown Up Mac hits the spot
- Red Bull movie: The Art of Flight
- Starting the season: waxing skis with Swix Alpine Kit
- Ski biking: almost as fun as it sounds
- Review: Swany X-Change II gloves
- In Praise of Loveland Valley
- Book Review: The Edge of Never
- Gear Review: i360 Music Infused Headband
- Gear Review: Giro TuneUps Audio Kit
The ski log is used to collect our photos and recaps from our personal days on the slopes.