I’m in the market for a new pair of snow goggles and I needed to re-familiarize myself with the many options out there. Here’s a quick summary of what I’ve learned:
- Double-paned lenses fog less
- Yellow, gold and amber lenses filter out blue light, emphasizing shadows in the snow
- Green and silver enhance contrast making them suitable for most brighter conditions
- Purple and rose lenses are best used for low-light conditions
- Polarization is a must-have for sunny days
- Reflective lenses are also great for sunny days as they reduce the glare
As this season is shaping up to be a warmer one I anticipate more sunny than cloudy days. With that said I’ll be looking for double-paned silver goggles with polarization.
Do you have any recommendations? Leave a comment.