Forbes has put together a great photo gallery describing some of the best resorts for families. Of course, Colorado dominates the list with five well known spots:
- Beaver Creek: escalators, kids teaching area, and most importantly warm cookies
- Crested Butte: single base area means less lost kids, reasonably priced
- Aspen/Snowmass: no greens but Buttermilk is good for learning, four mountains on one ticket
- Steamboat: invented the kids ski free program, great family dining options
- Vail: excellent ski school, Adventure Ridge, ice skating and “Kids Fly Free” into Eagle
Be sure to check out the full gallery.