Well, the time has come. It’s about to dump a foot of snow and everyone is getting ready to close down for the season. Just our luck, eh? Here’s a look at some of the more interesting events going on around Colorado this weekend:
This is a big weekend for closing events and concerts. Check these out (they’re free!):
- Thievery Corporation is playing Friday night in Vail
- JJ Grey and Mofro play Saturday in Vail and Sunday in Steamboat
- Toots and the Maytals play Saturday in Breckenridge and Sunday at Steamboat
- Rusted Root plays Sunday at Breckenridge
Breckenridge Spring Beer Festival on Saturday
I’ll probably be headed to this one. Sample unlimited beers at Main Street Station in Breckenridge for $25. Attending breweries include Avery, Boulder Beer, Del Norte, Great Divide, Left Hand, Odell, Oskar Blues, Ska, Stone, and Twisted Pine.
CopperMan Adventure Race on Saturday
Participants will suit up in costumes and embark on the ~3K course through Copper’s base areas, finishing in Center Village where live music, a beer garden and outdoor food will await!
Nearly everyone is shutting down for the season this weekend:
- Breckenridge (but will open for the next two weekends)
- Copper Mountain
- Echo Mountain
- Beaver Creek