I’m always amazed at how many companies behind the products I love are Colorado-based businesses. I like to support local products when possible, and I never have to worry about compromising quality to do so. In that vein, I thought I’d try to compile a list of Colorado companies that are making products that could help make your winter of snow sports better. And maybe less smelly.
- SmartWool – Save for my family, friends and bikes, there are not many things I love more than my SmartWool. Their ski socks and baselayers rock, plus I’m not smelly apres ski. (In the interest of completeness, I’m not actually sure that SmartWool is based in Colorado, but the company contact is a Steamboat Springs address).
- Osprey – Have a yurt trip planned or are heading to the backcountry to ski? Then you might need a pack (or a new pack). Osprey makes some great women-specific ones as well.
- Kelty – Boulder-based maker of tents, backpacks, etc. Kelty has winter campers and backcountry skiiers covered.
- Venture Snowboards – Makes really cool boards in Silverton, CO. The official snowboard of Silverton Mountain, which, by the way, has the coolest resort logo ever.
- GoLite – GoLite gear can keep you warm or sheltered on the mountain.
So, what did I miss? I’m an equal opportunity gear buyer and pimper.
One reply on “Colorado Gear Companies”
THere are so many great companies based here in our great state..